SDG Academy is offering a free online course that explores climate solutions and some of the actions individuals and communities can take in an effort to reduce carbon emissions, decarbonize the economy, and ensure a safe and prosperous future for all.
In this 12 week course, taught by professors and researchers from Columbia University’s Earth Institute, the Deep Decarbonization Pathways Project, the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), the World Business Council For Sustainable Development (WBCSD), some of the topics covered in depth include:
- Implementing the Paris Climate Agreement
- Deep Decarbonization: The Three Pillars and National Case Studies
- Low Emissions Electricity and Renewables
- Monitoring Land Use
- Policy Tools for the Transition to Low-Emissions
- Low Emission Solutions and the Business Community
- Public Actions Necessary to Reach 1.5°C
The course opened earlier this week (19 June) and will run until September 11, 2017.
Enroll here: bit.ly/2qQdbIo